.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Part 2

In Libya , at the turn of the century , is where my story begins. My father and mother , both doctors without borders, were flown in due to an outbreak of Malaria . Since I had no one to stay with and it being summer break , they decided to take me along. I would have rather stayed at home, where my electronic retreat was, that and I wouldn't have to be under the mercy of the scorching sun. My skin couldn't handle it anyways, being porcelain white and all. I probably got it from my grandmother, since both my parents where naturally tanned. I look more European then Hispanic. My grandmother had come from the lavished french countryside , where there would always be a cool breeze , meadows of lilies , and wine vineyards that went on for miles and miles. She was a kind woman, who simply grew more elegant and breath-taking with age. Her porcelain skin complemented her dark auburn hair that she always wore down. It made only made her jade eyes stand out that much more. I look alot like her. But I do miss her dearly. She always had my back and came up with the most reasonable solutions ( no matter how outrages they sound at first.) She had fallen in love with my Spanish grandfather, who at the time was one of the richest vineyard owners on the whole European continent. He had seen the world over, living most of his teenage years behind the pilot's dashboard. They had later come to America , where he began traveling all over the country , trying to pin point where his first wine shop should be. He finally decided on L.A. , where the demand for excellent wine was very high.

It started off well . Soon his branches started budding up all over the continental U.S. My mom's identical brother , took over the business after my grandfather died. My mother decided to be a doctor instead , which my grandfather encouraged her to do. He always had a saying "Do what you love, but with no regrets"
God ! If I only listened to that saying , then none of the damage that has been done would've happened.....

1 comment: